Sat, Sep 09|
Bordentown Performing Arts Center
KANJ Mega Onam Kids story writing and coloring competition.
Calling All Young Writers and Artists!! Join the KANJ Onam short story writing and pookalam coloring competition!
Time & Location
Sep 09, 2023, 1:30 PM – 3:30 PM EDT
Bordentown Performing Arts Center, 318 Ward Ave, Fieldsboro, NJ 08505, USA
About the event
KANJ Mega Onam Kid's short story writing and pookalam coloring competition.
- Category 1: K to 5th grade
- Category 2: 6 to 8th grade
- Category 3: 9 to 12th grade
Prizes await the most imaginative storytellers and creative artists in each category, so start sharpening your pencils and let your imagination run wild!
The topic for the story will be revealed on September 8th. The pookalam outline and the coloring materials for the contest will be furnished on-site.
Rules and Guidelines
- To enter the competition, participants must agree to be bound by the following rules and indicate acceptance while completing their registration.
- KANJ reserves the right to solely determine eligibility for the reasons stated herein or on any other reasonable basis.
- KANJ reserves the right to make alterations to the rules at any time and participants must agree to abide by the most recent version of the rules.
- KANJ volunteers and judges reserve the right to disqualify a participant from an event for improper conduct and behavior.
- By entering into any of the competitions, it is agreed that participants will not hold KANJ or its volunteers responsible for injuries sustained or illnesses contracted while in attendance and/or participating. KANJ and the hosting facility are not responsible for personal injury or property loss or damage to either contestants or spectators.
- The parents or guardians agree that they will be accompanying the children all the time. KANJ will not be responsible for supervising participants or non-participating kids.
- KANJ reserves the right to take videos and pictures of the participants and competition and publish them to social media platforms or on KANJ websites. The participants must write an email to email@example.com before the day of the competition, if they wish to exclude their pictures from being published.
- KANJ reserves the right to publish stories and paintings submitted in the competitions on the KANJ websites or other media and communications channels.
- KANJ is not responsible for any claims of copyright violations.
- Organizers reserve the right to cancel a whole event or a specific category within the event in case of any technical reasons without explanation. An event may be canceled if there are fewer than 3 participants for that event-category. Organizers may change the sequence of events or stages on the event day.
- There is no gender-based separation for events. All the events are gender-neutral and the participants will compete together irrespective of gender.
- The competition is open for only kids who are attending the KANJ Mega Onam event on September 9th.
- The organizers will provide the paper for story writing and pookalam coloring. Participants are not allowed to use their own paper.
- The judge's decision will be final and will not be changed.
Competitions will be conducted based on the following categories:
- Category 1 – Kindergarten to 5th grade.
- Category 2 – 6 to 8th grade.
- Category 3 – 9 to 12th grade.
- For administrative purposes, categories are determined based on the grade/class in which the participant is currently studying.
- False representation of the category will result in disqualification of the participant/team.
- Participants can only participate in one category.
- The parents or guardians should accompany the children all the time. KANJ is not responsible for any issues that may cause.